Peartree Group Practice are delighted to be one of the first practices in the UK offering COVID vaccinations. We are administering vaccine for patients registered at Peartree Group Practice and Bridge Cottage Surgery and will be holding clinics at Moorswalk Surgery (123, Moorswalk, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 2BQ).
You will require TWO vaccine doses to help your body become immune to COVID-19; both appointments will be arranged when you call. By booking your appointments, you are confirming that you have read the information contained in your invite letter and signed the consent form (enclosed with invite + please see below for e copy).
At present the supply of vaccine is limited to smaller batches and so we will be starting with residents in care homes and those aged 80+. As more vaccine arrives we will move on to the following cohorts in order:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
We would like to thank all patients for the patience when calling to book for vaccination. The Surgery sends out invitation as soon as receipt of vaccine is taken and invites all eligible patients together. In the event we send out 500 invitations at once please be mindful the telephones will be busy but we will endeavour to get to your call as soon as we can.
Please find below links to the patient information leaflet and consent form for vaccination.
More information will be added here in due course.
Consent form and Patient Information Leaflet links:
Patient Information Leaflet – HTML
Patient Information Leaflet – PDF
Downloadable version of Consent form: COVID vaccine consent form
Important Information for patients attending for vaccination:
- You must attend at your exact allotted appointment time and wear clothing that allows easy access to your upper arms. You must wear a face mask/covering as per government guidelines.
- Where possible attend alone (unless booked alongside partner) to support social distancing.
- Please inform us when booking if you’ve had a severe reaction to a vaccine, medicine or food.
- If you are unwell with temperature or cough on the day of the vaccination you must not attend. We would also encourage seeking medical advice if you have severe or ongoing symptoms.